Games like Blizzard’s World of Warcraft and Diablo 3 have online armories or profiles whereby players can view their characters or characters of their friends online. Details such as the skills used, talents utilized, equipment, achievements, guild affiliations and etc. can be seen, letting players keep track of their characters without having to launch the game, and to a certain extent let them show off to friends. Now it seems that something similar will be happening with Capcom’s upcoming Resident Evil 6 in which they will be launching an accompanying free service called Resident Evil.net.
The website will track data collected from your game, such as weapon proficiency, types of enemies killed, Mercenaries scores and basically lets players compete with other Resident Evil 6 gamers around the world. RE.net will also allow players to schedule events where other players can participate in and gain points which can be used to redeem rewards. There’s even a feature called a Champion belt where players will have to play every week to maintain the belt, much like how boxers have to defend their titles. In any case more details about RE.net can be found in the source link below.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 bezel spotted?
- 2014-04-21 Capcom Reveals New Monster Hunter 4G Trailer
- 2014-04-21 New Ultra Street Fighter IV English Trailer Denotes 44 Challengers
- 2014-03-10 Capcom And Twitch Deliver Capcom Pro Tour
- 2014-02-24 Capcom's DLCs Account For 15-16% Of Their Sales
- 2014-02-21 Money Matches Arrives For Super Street Fighter 4
- 2013-03-15 Resident Evil 6, Left 4 Dead 2 Crossing Over In Free Update This Spring
- 2013-01-28 Resident Evil 6 Siege Mode Is Console-Only For Now
- 2012-12-17 Resident Evil 6 Arrives For PC In Spring
- 2012-12-05 Resident Evil 6 multiplayer DLC pegged for 18th December
- 2012-10-24 Resident Evil 6 update arrives on Xbox 360 and PS3 in mid-December