What you see above is possibly the upcoming mirrorless interchangeable lens camera from Fujifilm, where it will obviously boast an extremely retro styling that rolls back the years for folks who love things of yore. Some have speculated that this could be known as the XP1, sporting a rather minimalist button layout which is encased within a metallic-looking chassis that is covered by a somewhat over the top leather-like cover. There are two sides to a coin as always, and there has been speculation going around that this new FinePix could also be known as the XF1 instead of the XP1, but I guess like all good rumors, it will take some time before everything is confirmed for good.
Do expect an industry standard 1/1.7-inch image sensor to accompany this leaked shooter, but do not get your hopes up to see an electronic viewfinder accompany this puppy, as you would be disappointed. Leaked images of the alleged XP1 also point towards a 4x optical zoom lens with a F1.8 to F4.9 variable aperture.
Next Story: Sony closes optical disc drive business
- 2014-03-17: New Fujifilm X Mirrorless Camera Could Be Announced Soon
- 2014-03-03: Fujifilm UK Launches Camera Customization Service
- 2014-01-28: Fujifilm X-T1 Is Official
- 2014-01-26: Additional Fujifilm X-T1 Specs Revealed
- 2014-01-20: Fujifilm X-T1 Photos Leaked Online
- 2013-01-30: Fujifilm FinePix S6800 Long Zoom Camera
- 2013-01-07: Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR 42X Optical Zoom Camera
- 2012-07-25: Fujifilm FinePix F800EXR camera features Wi-Fi sharing capability
- 2012-01-04: Fujifilm FinePix F-Series - Long-Zoom Compact Cameras
- 2011-08-29: Fujifilm FinePix X10 camera leaked