What you see above was originally making its rounds throughout the Internet as some form of an iPad Mini display. Needless to say, we took it with a rather large grain of salt (and for good reason, too), since you know how close to the chest Apple plays their cards. Well, the alleged iPad Mini display turned out to be rather close to that of the Amazon Kindle Fire, so I think the above is most probably a case of mistaken identity, all 7.85″ of it. It would be interesting to see if the iPad Mini is a true device, and will share a similar screen ratio as that of the Amazon Kindle Fire.
Is there a real huge market for a smaller display in terms of the tablet market? Perhaps, especially when you see Google make their way into the 7″ tablet market with the recently announced Google Nexus 7 which was manufactured by Asus. I guess Apple wants their share of the cake as well, but only time will tell just how serious Apple’s efforts would turn out to be like.
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18 Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16 iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-05-06 Asus Hopes To Shake Up Tablet Market With Its Small Windows 8 Tablets
- 2013-05-05 10-inch Amazon Kindle Fire Tablet Rumored
- 2011-10-12 "iPad mini" in the works to compete with the Kindle Fire?