The power of social networks – and the guru of social networks itself, recently married Mark Zuckerberg, was talking about iGrill on his Facebook account before all the redirected traffic to iGrill’s site caused an overload and subsequently, a shut down for a couple of hours. Zuckerberg said, “I updated my grilling app, iGrill, today and it now has Facebook integration that lets you see what other people are grilling right now around the world. Awesome. I’m making a Fred’s steak.”
Chris Allen, CEO, iDevices said of the situation, “We were caught totally off guard by Mark Zuckerberg’s post and the immediate influx of traffic. We had quietly released this update for our users earlier this month and were waiting for it to gain traction, but this obviously gives us a huge head start, thus a quick add on of servers and bandwidth was needed today!” said Allen, “We are excited to see how this unfolds, but I would like to dispel the rumors that iGrill or iDevices received any investment from Mr. Zuckerberg to date, although we would welcome the opportunity to work with him, this is not something that has occurred yet.”
Mr. Zuckerberg might be a few hundred million poorer on paper due to his plummeting stock value, but he should have more than enough left over to purchase the $79.99 iGrill many times over.
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App