I am quite sure by now that you have watched The Dark Knight Rises, and the film should have left quite the impression on you. Hopefully, a good one at that, just like how the highly sought out Raspberry Pi mini computer has been transformed into what you see in the video above – The Dark Pi Rises. Aerospace engineer “algorhythmic” has cobbled together a remote controlled, roving surveillance vehicle that is equipped with a night-vision camera. Obviously, a Raspberry Pi mini computer runs at the heart of things to keep everything working fine and dandy.
Considering how the Raspberry Pi itself costs approximately $25, this surveillance drone hack will see bits and pieces from all over the place, including a PlayStation 3 Eye camera and a Wi-Fi module, which is hooked it up to a remote control car while the system has been specially configured to stream video from the camera over the Internet. An Arduino component also sees action to control a motor which enables the camera to move.
- 2014-03-27: DIY ‘Cyclops’ Laser Visor Lets You Cosplay As An X-Man
- 2014-03-26: Gamebuino, The Arduino Handheld Console
- 2014-03-10: Fully Functioning LEGO Keyboard Is The Coolest Thing Ever
- 2014-02-27: Toro-bots Help Out In Your Garden Reorganization Effort
- 2014-01-19: Novena Open Laptop Prototype
- 2013-09-01: Dad “Hacks” Wheelchair For Kid To Increase Mobility
- 2013-08-01: Magic 8 Ball Hacked To Show Images Instead
- 2013-07-15: Microwave Controlled By Raspberry Pi Hack
- 2013-06-10: Ben Heck’s Take On The Raspberry Pi
- 2013-05-02: Raspberry Pi Gets Water Cooling Solution