It was a couple of days ago that Sony officially announced their new Android tablet, the Xperia Tablet S. In case you didn’t know, Sony (before it bought out Ericsson in their joint venture), released two tablets last year, the Tablet P and the Tablet S. While the Tablet S is pretty standard in terms of its design, the Tablet P was a bit unique since it came in a clamshell design, much like the Kyocera Echo. While it is a pretty unique design, we guess it didn’t really take off in the way Sony imagined which is why it did not come as a complete surprise to learn that Sony will not be updating the Tablet P to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
According to a Sony spokesperson at IFA, both the Xperia Tablet S and the Tablet S are scheduled for updates to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, but an apparent lack of interest in the Tablet P was the reason the device was not included on that list. If you own a Tablet P it looks like you’re out of luck, but perhaps scouring the XDA forums might be able to yield some Android 4.1 Jelly Bean custom ROMs.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)