Intel is a bit late to the mobile game but it seems like they’re trying to edge their way into the market. If you’re wondering how an Intel-powered device compares to Qualcomm or NVIDIA, you might have a chance to find out as ZTE has announced the Grand X IN, adding to the list of other Intel devices such as the Santa Clara and the Lava XOLO X900. If the name sounds familiar, it’s because the ZTE Grand X has been announced in the past, although the main difference here is that the IN version will be using Intel’s Medfield processor instead (hence the IN).
As far as the specs go, it will run on Intel’s Atom Z2460 chip with 1GB of RAM, a 4.3” qHD display, 4GB of internal storage that can be expanded via microSD, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 0.3MP front-facing camera and will run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It is expected to head to Europe this September but there was no mention if and when it will be making its way stateside, but we’ll keep our eyes peeled so stay tuned for updates!
- 2014-04-08: ZTE Apollo Could Be 64-Bit Android Smartphone
- 2014-03-28: ZTE Grand S II To Get 4GB RAM (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25: ZTE Nubia X6 Announced In China
- 2014-03-17: ZTE And The9 Ready To Roll Out Fun Box Console In China
- 2014-03-13: ZTE Grand Memo 2 LTE: Video Hands-On