Samsung’s flagship smartphone, Galaxy S3 has already surpassed the 20 million sales mark within 100 days. Those figures have made Galaxy S3 the most successful smartphone by Samsung. However, the company does not expect the sales to decline any time soon and is now eyeing the next milestone – the mark of 30 million S3 sales.
The company hopes that it will be able cross the mark before the end of 2012. According to Samsung’s IT and Mobile chief Shin Jong-kyun, “The Galaxy S3 is expected to sell more than 30 million units within this year.”
Shin’s optimism doesn’t end there. He also expects a stellar sales performance by the Galaxy Note 2 device which has been unveiled only last month. Shin expects Note 2 to exceed 20 million sales mark, which is double the sales mark achieved by the original Galaxy Note.
While the sales of Galaxy S3 have been quite well so far, Apple has just unveiled its all new iPhone 5. And this may possibly slow down Galaxy S3 sales as the world shifts its attention to the new shiny gadget on the block. However, Shin’s estimates don’t seem too far from modest and it would seem that Samsung did indeed take into consideration the impact of iPhone 5 on its sales when citing the hope for the 30 million sales mark.
Next Story: iOS 6 debuts on the iPhone 5
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-13 Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17 Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21 Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March