Don’t you love it when CEOs are painfully honest? Current HP CEO Meg Whitman (who was previously the Ebay CEO and candidate for governor of California) didn’t like her first HP laptop, saying the company that employs her “gave me a brick.”
This isn’t the first time that she’s criticized her own company’s products. In 2011, while looking at HP’s desktop lineup, she asked “why would anybody buy that?” Of course, her response is a bunch of business-speak: they’ve reorganized HP’s PC teams and re-emphasized design. To be fair, HP designs did get a lot better over the last few years, although possibly not fast enough for their new CEO.
We have an upcoming review of the HP Envy 4 Ultrabook, and it felt like a brick, but in a good way. Are any HP laptop owners out there upset that your laptop’s maker is insulting your rig?
Next Story: New Acer Chromebooks coming in October?
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June