Before Apple launched iPhone 5, there were two popular rumors doing the rounds on the web regarding the availability of the device for pre-orders. One of these rumors pegged the pre-order start date at September 19th while the other claimed that the pre-orders would be available by September 14th.
As it turns out, the latter rumor has proven true. Apple had earlier stated that the iPhone 5 will be available for pre-orders on September 14th but didn’t give a definite time. Now, it has been confirmed that by 12:01 a.m. Friday, you will be able to place your iPhone 5 pre-orders.
Given the expected demand for the device, it wouldn’t be a surprise is Apple lands millions of pre-orders even before iPhone 5 hits the shelves. Until now, two wireless carriers in the U.S., Verizon and Sprint, have confirmed that pre-orders will become available by the earliest hour on Friday. AT&T, the third carrier which will be officially carrying iPhone hasn’t confirmed the time so far.
If you are not into pre-ordering your iPhone and want to stand in the expectedly-long line in front of Apple stores, you may want to be there in the wee hours of September 21st which is when the device will become available in retail stores.
Next Story: Apple seeks iPad Smart Cover patent
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-12: ChargeKey Is A Lightning Cable Small Enough To Fit On Your Keychain
- 2013-09-02: Wal-Mart iPhone 5 And iPad Prices Slashed