Before Apple launched iPhone 5, there were two popular rumors doing the rounds on the web regarding the availability of the device for pre-orders. One of these rumors pegged the pre-order start date at September 19th while the other claimed that the pre-orders would be available by September 14th.
As it turns out, the latter rumor has proven true. Apple had earlier stated that the iPhone 5 will be available for pre-orders on September 14th but didn’t give a definite time. Now, it has been confirmed that by 12:01 a.m. Friday, you will be able to place your iPhone 5 pre-orders.
Given the expected demand for the device, it wouldn’t be a surprise is Apple lands millions of pre-orders even before iPhone 5 hits the shelves. Until now, two wireless carriers in the U.S., Verizon and Sprint, have confirmed that pre-orders will become available by the earliest hour on Friday. AT&T, the third carrier which will be officially carrying iPhone hasn’t confirmed the time so far.
If you are not into pre-ordering your iPhone and want to stand in the expectedly-long line in front of Apple stores, you may want to be there in the wee hours of September 21st which is when the device will become available in retail stores.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: iPhone, iPhone 5,
- Seen at: wired