Until now, details have been scarce about the Office 2013 RT. Microsoft did reveal a few details about the software at the IFA event but has now dished out a more elaborated post, mentioning some of its key features. The company has also confirmed that it will roll out a Preview release of Office 2013 RT.
Initially, the RT tablets will arrive with this Preview release. However, eventually the company plans on updating the RT tablets with a final edition of Office 2013 RT through an update. In the blog post, Microsoft states that Office 2013 RT will not feature any macros or add-ons. The package will include Microword Word, PowerPoint, Excel as well as OneNote.
Compared to the regular Office 2013, Office 2013 RT will lack a number of features. These include many email features due to a lack of Outlook support on RT tablets and also the ability to record narrations. Moreover, the software will also be stripped of any data model support.
Microsoft boasts that Office 2013 RT has been optimized for touch support. An important feature is that it has been tweaked to consume minimize battery life, virtually none when it would be idle. The Office itself has been equipped to determine the lack of memory resources when the system is running many programs and then release the caches based on this assessment.
Next Story: BMW X5 crashes into Apple Store for burglary
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2013-12-17: Windows Phone License Fees Stands At $25, Windows RT $90, Says Source
- 2013-12-11: Microsoft Reportedly Considering Waiving Windows Phone And Windows RT Licensing Fees
- 2013-10-23: Windows RT 8.1 Drops Desktop Tile On Start Screen
- 2013-10-22: Microsoft Re-Releases Windows RT 8.1 Onto Windows Store
- 2013-10-20: Windows RT 8.1 Update Pulled From Windows Store