With our smartphones these days starting to feature more connectivity options, such as wireless charging and NFC, it was only a matter of time before we started seeing everyday items modified and evolve to interact with our devices. Well it looks like Moo has taken the initiative and the company has recently announced that they have been working on a secret project which they are now ready to reveal to the world – NFC enabled business cards.
“We’ve always aimed to upset the existing order within print – to do new things, think in exciting ways, and to go where no man has gone before. Starting today, any pack of Business Cards you buy from MOO will come with a little extra – a free NFC enable (sic) Business Card.”
Basically your business cards in the future, if you get them from Moo, will feature NFC connectivity. A tiny microchip and an antenna will be embedded into the card and what sort of data the chip will transfer will be entirely up to you! If you were a graphics artist, you can have the chip launch photos or videos of your work, or if you were a musician, you can have the chip start playing back your recorded songs on the receiver’s phone. The possibilities are endless! If you’d like to get your hands on some NFC enabled business cards, head on over to Moo’s website for the details.
- 2014-04-13 Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-03-19 LG Debuts Washing Machine With NFC Technology
- 2014-02-23 Sony Implements FeliCa/NFC Functionality In Gemalto MicroSD Cards
- 2014-01-21 Isis NFC iPhone Payments A Possibility With Incipio Cashwrap
- 2013-12-09 Nokia BH-121 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Announced