Sony has reassured the gaming industry that they fully intend to stick to their plan for a 10 year lifecycle for the PS3 console, having recently introduced a slimmer model at the recently concluded Tokyo Game Show. This means those who are late to the game need not fret that the next console (a PS3 in this context) they purchase will not be obsolete in a year’s time, or two. After all, there were whispers going around that Sony fully intends to roll out a new PlayStation console in time for the holiday season next year, which means it would not make much sense to purchase a new PS3 at this point in time.
Sony VP of hardware marketing John Koller intends to rest any rumors and concern concerning the next generation PlayStation, and prefers to state and underline Sony’s support for the PS3 console which is said to uphold the 10 year lifecycle commitment, carrying the PS3 to 2015 at the very least. This would mean three more years of gaming goodness on the svelte new PS3. Do you think that the Xbox camp will blink first and release a successor to the Xbox 360 before the next generation PS?
Next Story: Robot reminds us of Michael Jackson in a dance
- 2014-04-24 Mark Zuckerberg Tried Out Sony's Project Morpheus Before Acquiring Oculus VR
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-03-18 Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster Arrives On PS3, PS Vita
- 2014-01-14 Assassin’s Creed Liberation HD Launches On The Sony PS3
- 2013-12-29 PS4 Gets VidZone Free Music Video Streaming App
- 2013-12-26 Sony To End Online Support For Some Of Their First-Party PS3 Titles
- 2013-12-16 Minecraft PS3 Edition Release Date Announced To Be December 17