If you’re in the market for a new Sony Xperia Android handset but don’t want to fork out the money for Sony’s higher-end offerings, you’re in luck as Sony has announced that they will be bringing both the Xperia Tipo and Xperia Tipo Dual Android smartphones stateside. They will be unlocked which means that you will not be tied to any particular carrier and will be priced at $179.99 and $189.99 respectively – about as much as you would pay for a high-end Sony Xperia smartphone on contract. Given those prices they are pretty wallet-friendly, but at the same time don’t expect too much from them.
Both devices are pretty much the same with the exception of the Tipo Dual which features dual SIM slots, letting you switch between them by pressing a dedicated button on the device. Apart from that, both phones will sport a 3.2” touchscreen display, a processor clocked at 800MHz, a 3.2MP rear-facing camera and will come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board and will be available in a variety of colors. They will both be compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile’s network, although speeds will be limited to just 3G with AT&T. No word on availability so check back with us at a later date for more info!
Next Story: HTC One X+ specs leaked in O2 brochure
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment