Playing music on your phone can be very battery-consuming. And it is quite annoying to have to plug the phone for a recharge right in the middle of a jukebox delight. Moreover, if you want to take the sound a notch higher, conventional speakers would require you to plug in the device, resulting in more cables and additional hassle.
TDK has now come up with a rather smart alternative. The new TDK Wireless Charging Speaker allows you to play music on the speakers while charging your phone at the same time. The wireless charging pad is fitted neatly on top of it.
So all you have to do is set up your playlist and leave the phone on the pad. While the speaker blasts away the symphonies, your phone’s battery is juiced up at the same time. The phone hooks up to the speaker via Bluetooth, doing away with the need for any cables.
The speaker itself comes with a rechargeable battery that can keep it going for 6 hours at a time. The whole device comprises of four full range speakers as well as a ported subwoofer. There is also a USB port which can come in quite handy at times. The whole thing comes off as a neat accessory except that the price tag, at $399.95, may put off quite a few folks.
- 2014-04-02: Nokia MD-12 Bluetooth Mini Speaker Revealed
- 2014-04-01: Logitech X100 Mobile Speaker Revealed
- 2014-03-28: Sony's CP-W5 Wireless Charger Also Comes With A 5,000mAh Battery
- 2014-02-26: Panasonic Bamboo Plant Opal Loudspeaker
- 2014-02-20: Sceptre SoundPal Bluetooth Speaker
- 2013-10-24: JBL Pulse LED Speaker Targets Music Lovers
- 2011-10-13: TDK juices up headphones and toy cars sans wires
- 2011-04-04: TDK Sound Cube: a box full of music