Battery packs for smartphones tend to add unnecessary bulk to the device, making it thicker and heavier than it already is. Mobile chargers too can be quite bulky and heavy and do not always fit into your pocket, thus requiring you to bring a bag wherever you go. However thanks to designer Ping-Yi Li, this Chewing Gum Battery concept was conceived where the battery is shaped as thin and flat as a chewing gum, just minus the sugary goodness and edible nature. As pictured in the rendering above, the Chewing Gum Battery can be slapped onto the back of our gadgets, thus giving them the extra boost in battery life. They will be sold at solar-powered dispensing stations and will come like chewing gums do, in a pack. Sounds pretty novel but the idea of being able to purchase batteries from a vending machine that will give our phones, cameras, or laptops that extra hour or two of battery life sure seems rather handy! What do you guys think?
Next Story: Kobo Glo announced
- 2014-04-01 EneBrick Mobile Rechargeable Battery Offers Versatility
- 2014-03-25 Sick? How About Snacking On Some Batteries?
- 2014-03-24 BatteryBox Offers New Lease Of Life For Drained Devices
- 2014-01-17 HyperJuice Battery Extends MacBook Run Time By Another 53 Hours
- 2013-12-03 Copenhagen Wheel Assists Cyclists Through Its Rechargeable Battery