If you’re looking for a pair of gaming headphones to complete your Nintendo Wii U experience, you might be interested to learn that popular audio manufacturer, Turtle Beach, has announced that they will be producing some gaming headsets for the Wii U console. These are the Ear Force NLa and the Ear Force N11 (pictured above), both of which will plug into the Wii U’s GamePad, and both of which will be available in Q4 of this year and will be priced at $35 and $50 respectively.
Starting with the Ear Force NLa, this headset will come with an in-line volume control, a microphone and will be available in either black or white. The Ear Force N11 will feature “acoustically angled” 50mm speakers which apparently will help create “extended bass”. This might be why it is priced at a slightly more expensive $50. We doubt that these will satisfy many audiophiles out there but if you’re just looking for a gaming headset for your Wii U, perhaps Turtle Beach’s reputation and its relatively affordable price tag should make these headsets an attractive option.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players