So Nintendo has already made the announcement concerning their upcoming Wii U console’s release in Japan as well as in the US alongside their respective price points, but are those snippets of information make you want to pick up the Wii U the moment it hits the market? It can be rather hard to tell, but one thing we have garnered is this, the Wii U gamepad will not be sold separately in the US at launch, at least not until games which require the function of more than a single WiiPad hits the mraket.
Nintendo America CEO and president Reggie Fils-Aime said, “Through the launch window, there are no games that leverage a second controller. And so, during the launch window here in NOA [Nintendo of America] territories, we will not be selling at retail a second gamepad. But certainly, when the games come out, we’ll be making that accessory available,” he added. As for when games will take advantage of a second WiiPad is another question altogether, and one that Nintendo isn’t willing to answer just yet.
We are not too sure what the basis behind this move is, as there is no harm in pushing out a few more accessories while folks wait for a supporting game to be released. What do you think of the whole situation?
Next Story: Fujifilm quits motion picture film production
- 2014-04-22: New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players