The folks over at evLeaks have done it yet again, this time around it would be the Asus Padfone 2 that is under the focus of our microscope. The Padfone was first introduced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, earlier this year, where it played upon the concept of a phone that can be docked into a tablet-like contraption – something that Motorola did attempt in the not too distant past, although they did not manage to make a meal out of it. Asus’ attempt with a sequel could prove to be true, with what seems to be the Padfone 2 – or at least, press renders of it being leaked out to the masses.
The Padfone 2’s phone segment will be different from that of the Padfone, where it will no longer come enclosed fully in the tablet’s casing. The phone also does seem to come designed in a teardrop tapered shape, making it thinner towards the edges. Some of the rumored specifications include a more generous 4.7” display and a 13-megapixel shooter. Another confirmed specification would be the inclusion of LTE connectivity. All in all, we hope to know more about it this coming October 16th, which is the date where many widely anticipate Asus to make an official announcement on the Padfone 2.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2012-12-09: Asus PadFone 2 Gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-10-19: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the ASUS PadFone 2 expected by November
- 2012-10-16: ASUS PadFone 2 official specs and images
- 2012-10-08: Asus Padfone 2 confirmed to get LTE connectivity
- 2012-10-04: Alleged ASUS Padfone 2 specs leaked ahead of announcement