Ahoy, what do we have here? Users who absolutely love what the official Google Calendar app is able to deliver on the Android-powered platform can now download it from Google Play directly, making it a snap for you to manage your slew of calendars from a single, vantage point – and these will include those from your Google accounts as well as other calendars that have been synchronized to your Android device.
Needless to say, some of the basics including creating, editing, deleting events and responding to invitations are all thrown into the new Google Calendar app, but as an added extra, you will find features which will assist you in managing your time and communication more easily. For instance, you can snooze events straight from a notification should you be tying up some loose ends at the moment and only need to be reminded later. As you can see on the right, predefined messages are there for you to send quick “I’ll be late” updates to your event participants directly from the notifications or the event itself. This is fully customizable as well too, now how about that ? Google Calendar on Google Play is available for devices that are powered by Android 4.0.3+ Ice Cream Sandwich or Android 4.1 Jelly Bean only.
- 2014-04-17: Project Loon Tests LTE In Nevada (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba Shows How Project Ara's Modularity Can Be Applied To Wearables
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-12-05: Download Gmail And Google Calendar User Data Starting Today
- 2013-05-29: Google Calendar For Android Updated
- 2013-05-03: Use Gmail To Add Events To Google Calendar
- 2011-09-14: Google improves accessibility for Docs, Sites and Calendar
- 2010-12-07: Event Time Zones For Google Calendar