Now that’s a turn up for the books! Speculations about the iPad mini’s built-in speaker setup are all over the Internet. Amazon even tried to criticize the 7.9-inch tablet by launching a ballsy advert comparing the Kindle Fire HD and its dual-stereo speakers to the iPad mini’s presumed mono speakers. But an Apple fan who goes by the name Alex got tired of the comparisons and decided to email Apple VP for Worldwide Marketing, Phil Schiller, instead.
“I understand the tech specs about iPad Mini online should cover everything, but the tech specs online neither confirm or deny the rumors of iPad Mini’s speakers being stereo. Is it possible to get confirmation from the man himself as to whether these are mono or stereo?” he asked. Surprisingly, the Apple executive responded with an absolute yes. “It is stereo,” Schiller replied.
If we were to base our conclusions on Schiller’s reply, then this confirms that the iPad mini will be the first iOS device to sport stereo speakers. Joshua Topolsky from The Verge was also able to confirm the iPad mini’s stereo speakers from Apple. Meanwhile, Amazon has since removed the advert from its homepage. Thankfully, we were able to grab a screenshot of the ad.
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31 iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18 Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16 iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued