We are currently hammering away at our Microsoft Surface tablet review, but we do feel for some of the folks out there who reported that the pre-orders which they have placed for the Surface tablet? Those have apparently been canceled by Microsoft, without any real explanation being given by the software giant. Mark of WP7.nl claimed to have received an email from Microsoft that reads as follows :-
I ordered mine on 10/18 and it was cancelled by Microsoft on 10/27:
The following item(s) have been cancelled from your order:
Product SKU: Z2S-00002
Product Name: Surface HD Digital AV Adapter Qty Ordered: 1 Reason for cancellation: Other
Product SKU: 9HR-00026
Product Name: Surface with Windows RT
Qty Ordered: 1
Reason for cancellation: Other
Hopefully this has nothing to do with production issues, as it is not too often that a company has such goodwill among consumers or the community to have not enough quantities of a highly anticipated device being made available to the masses. Anyone else had their pre-order given the cold shoulder?
Next Story: Sony C660X Yuga images spotted?
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft Trademarks Filed Are Game-Related
- 2014-04-23 Microsoft States Their Commitment To Qualcomm's Hardware
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released
- 2014-04-23 China Thinks Windows 8 Is ‘Expensive’
- 2014-04-23 Bing In Classroom Arrives At All U.S. Schools
- 2014-04-06 Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2014-04-01 Microsoft Could Announce Something Surface-Related At BUILD
- 2014-03-26 Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter Discontinued By Microsoft
- 2014-03-11 Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Priced At $679
- 2014-03-10 Surface 2 LTE Tablets Sent To Microsoft Stores (Rumor)?