Here’s a fun rumor coming out of Samsung in Germany: a smaller Galaxy S3 could be announced as soon as October 11th. While the Galaxy S3 is the current Android superphone of choice and certainly the specific Android model at the moment with the most mindshare, some bloggers think there’s a market for a smaller phone that doesn’t skimp on specs. A repackaged Galaxy S3 could be just that phone.The rumor comes by way of All About Samsung Germany, which received an invitation to an event on October 11th. The possibility of a smaller Galaxy phone was gleaned from a few clues hidden in the invitation: the slogan, translated from German, is “Small is now a big hit!” In addition, the typography choices (specifically the ‘S’) are stylized in the same way as the marketing surrounding the Galaxy S3. So–take this rumor with a mountain of salt. Still, it would be nice to see a smaller high-end Android device for whatever reason–skinny jean wearers and small hand havers are smartphone users too.
What do you think? Would you buy a smaller Galaxy S3?
Image courtesy of AllAboutSamsung.de
Next Story: Gmail now searches within attachments
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March