Earlier in September, we reported that the Wikipad portable handheld console was scheduled to make your Halloween a little bit brighter, Pumptris or not. Well, it is rather unfortunate to hear that the Wikipad has missed its Halloween release schedule at GameStop, as the company working on it has shared that the Wikipad will be delayed for an indefinite period of time. Unlike the majority of the other Android-powered tablets, the Wikipad actually promises to deliver special game-centric functionality, in addition to having its very own detachable gamepad.
The manufacturer of the Wikipad did step forward to share that they will need to introduce a “minor refinement” at the last possible minute prior to the product being prepared for sale worldwide. No idea on the kind of refinement that the Wikipad is undergoing, but if it is “minor” as claimed, shouldn’t it be a whole lot easier to reveal the actual release date of the device since something this simple should be able to be rectified in a jiffy? GameStop did stop taking pre-orders for the $499 Wikipad as at press time, and we hope that the company is not going to go belly up!
Next Story: Metaio Creator launched
- 2014-03-23 4Chan User Allegedly Turns GameStop Into Their Own Private Bank
- 2014-03-18 Walmart Video Game Trade-In Puts GameStop At Risk
- 2013-08-27 Xbox One Will Be Given To GameStop Managers For Free At Launch
- 2013-08-27 GameStop Managers To Receive A Free PS4, Seven Games On Nov. 15
- 2013-08-26 250GB Blue Sony PS3 Is A GameStop Exclusive This October 8th
- 2013-06-04 Wikipad 7-Inch Gaming Tablet Available On June 11 For $249
- 2013-05-27 Wikipad 7 Inch Gaming Tablet Passes Through FCC
- 2013-02-07 Wikipad Tablet Introduced At $249
- 2012-09-06 Wikipad gaming tablet gets Halloween release date at GameStop for $499