It did not take too long for the larger sized Archos 97 XS to arrive at the FCC, taking less than a week after its sibling, the Archos 80 XS knocked on the doors of the FCC. Needless to say, it does not take a genius to figure out just what kind of screen size the Archos 97 XS packs – we are talking about a 9.7-inch display, but other than that, details on the Archos 97 XS remain scant, so we do hope to fish for leaks somewhere on the Internet.
What we do know, however, is that Archos relies on a TI OMAP processor for their 10-inch Archos 101 XS, while inside the 8-inch Archos 80 XS, a Rockchip processor runs underneath the hood. Hence, it remains unclear as to whether the Archos 97 XS will rock to the Texas Instruments or Rockchip camp. Some of the safer assumptions that one can make would be this – the Archos 97 XS will, in all probability, ship with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board, although who are we to say that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is not out of the picture? Since the other XS tablets come with built-in kickstands, it would also make sense to see the Archos 97 XS follow suit.
Next Story: Unique Keyboard Concept For Hungry Office Drones
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-04-03: Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2013-08-21: Archos 101 XS 2 Spotted At The FCC
- 2013-04-15: Archos ChildPad Tablet Arrives At The FCC
- 2013-04-07: Arnova 97 G4 Tablet Arrives At The FCC
- 2012-08-16: 13.3" Archos FamilyPad tablet spotted at the FCC
- 2012-07-18: Archos 97 Carbon tablet arrives at the FCC