Disqus, our favorite online discussion and commenting service, is announcing a slew of enhancements today that are based on the feedback it has received over the past months. One of the enhancements that it is introducing is font styles which is a new appearance feature and comment text will switch fonts whenever appropriate. Moreover, the appearance options are now available as manual overrides in the admin settings, including a new feature to emphasise moderator comments with custom badge text. Disqus is also introducing a “core change” to the rules.
Beginning today, downvoting comments are now reserved for users who are logged in. It’s also re-organizing the community rules in the site settings page by making it clearer. Disqus has also heeded the advice of the global community by supporting 7 new languages including French, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, and Turkish. Lastly, there’s also a new hover state to reveal the absolute timestamp. The company hopes that the new enhancements mentioned above will provide more engagement, increased traffic and better discussion for its users.
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-11: Mathematicians Develop App That Will Supposedly Eliminate Jetlag
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Announces Acquisition Of ComiXology
- 2014-04-10: Google's New Calendar App Gets A Visual Overhaul