Heads up guitar enthusiasts! Fender has just released a new Squier Strat guitar with USB and iOS connectivity, which means that you can now record your licks and solos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch via Garageband. The new Squier Strat offers bi-directional audio streaming and a high-quality headphone amplifier which eliminates the need for having to connect the guitar to a bigger amp.
It also comes with a Type Mini-B USB connector and two cables that can be connected via an iOS device or USB. However, do note that Fender is using a 30-pin cable on this Strat, so iPhone 5 and iPad 4 users will have to use a Lightning to 30-pin adapter for it to work. Other features include a 3.5mm headphone jack, pickup select switch, pickup volume control, pickup tone control, and a headphone volume control. Fender is currently selling this new Strat in the Apple Store for $199.95.
Next Story: The Simpsons USB flash drives
- 2014-04-14: iWatch Flexible OLED Display Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09: High-End iWatch Could Cost Several Thousand Dollars [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08: Apple iWatch Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch