Everyone has their own unique set of fingerprints, and this is more often than not traced when it comes to crime investigations. What other use do you have for your fingerprints? Well, apart from biometric payment systems, similar technology is being utilized at a hotel so that it will update one’s Facebook profiles automatically, after recognizing the particular guests’ fingerprints. The company who owns the hotel wants to install touchscreens throughout the hotel, where users will be presented with a selection of actions that will appear on their respective Facebook profiles.
Reports say that guests can access their own account quickly simply by placing their finger on a biometric sensor instead of typing a password. From there, one is able to capture a photo, update one’s current location to brag to their family and friends, as well as the hotel event that one is attending there and then. This system will launch sometime next year, and when that happens, you can do away with the RFID-enabled wristbands.
Next Story: iPhone 5 Jailbreak Coming Soon?
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-08: Mom Checks Son's Facebook, Saves Him From Getting Shot