Following the launching of Google Earth for mobile a couple of months ago that brought the nifty tour guide feature and 3D imagery capabilities to iOS and Android, Google is announcing today that the aforementioned features can now be enjoyed on your desktop through Google Earth 7. Now, users can get a comprehensive view of more than 11,000 popular sites around the world in spectacular 3D. Essentially, the tour guide feature on Google Earth 7 works like a “local expert” and will suggest must-see places in your chosen location.
The tour guide feature will also show thumbnails highlighting pre-created tours as well as fun facts courtesy of Wikipedia. On the other hand, the 3D imagery on Google Earth 7 lets you view a handful of metropolitan regions in Boulder, Boston, Charlotte, Denver, Lawrence, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Portland, San Antonio, San Diego, Santa Cruz, Seattle, Tampa, Tucson, Rome and the San Francisco Bay Area. Google has also added new areas that support 3D imagery. Avignon, France; Austin, Texas; Munich, Germany; Phoenix, Arizona; and Mannheim, Germany are also now included. You can download Google Earth 7 here.
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arriving This Week
- 2013-06-26: Google Maps Earth View Goes Cloud-Free
- 2013-06-10: Google Earth Improves Ocean Viewing Experience
- 2013-04-22: Leap Motion And Google Earth Are Now In Cahoots
- 2012-08-09: Google brings 3D Maps to Google Earth in Seattle and Denver
- 2012-07-26: 3D City View and Tour Guide hits Google Earth iOS version