Late last month at China, Huawei trumpeted the introduction of their maiden phablet attempt, calling it the Ascend D2. At that point in time, Huawei remained quiet on the kind of hardware specifications that the Ascend D2 carried, but a leak is inevitable eventually in this day and age, where GLBenchmark has just confirmed the chipset as well as screen specifications of the Ascend D2 in a benchmark result.
The 5” LCD display will jive alongside the best of them from HTC (HTC J Butterfly, HTC Droid DNA), sporting Full HD resolution, in addition to a 1.5GHz quad-core processor to get the job done when you need all the processing muscle. We can presume that this means it will carry a home-brewed K3V2 chipset that also powered the Huawei Ascend D quad. The GLBenchmark result also points toward Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as the operating system of choice, coupled with Huawei’s Emotion UI on top.
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend P7 Photos Leaked Again
- 2014-03-24: China Demands 'Clear Explanation' From U.S. On NSA's Huawei Infiltration