The Nintendo Wii U certainly got off to a strong start (anything less than that would have ushered in bells that toll for its funeral), and while dust is still settling for some of us who cannot get enough of the Nintendo Wii U, here we are with yet another rumor making its rounds on the Internet – which talks about a smaller version of the Nintendo Wii (which obviously is the predecessor to the Wii U), calling it the Nintendo Wii Mini.
Nintendo World Report has the skinny on this shrunken down Wii Mini, where they claim it is being prepared for a December 7th release. Frankly, to hear about such a device so late into November would mean either Nintendo has a fantastic method of keeping upcoming devices under wraps till the last minute, or that this is just a pure rumor plucked out from the air. Nintendo did mention to GameSpot recently that they have stopped development for Wii games, focusing all of their effort on the Wii U, and since the Wii is already so small, would it make sense to miniaturize it further?
Next Story: Raspberry Pi Powers Small Arcade Cabinet
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned