Back in the good old days, consoles used to be machines that we would just play our games on. Insert the device, load it up and we’re good to go. However consoles these days offer more than just gaming, they provide interaction, news, and other forms of entertainment and for Nintendo’s latest console, the Wii U, this comes in the form of the Miiverse, Wii U Chat, TVii and the eShop. Now it seems that if you are planning on being an early adopter of the Wii U, it should be noted that these features will not be available on your console the minute you plug it in. In fact it seems that these features will need to be downloaded and installed via an update which should be available at debut.
This shouldn’t really be an issue if all goes smoothly and according to plan, but this also means that review units will not have those features included, at least that’s what the folks at IGN have indicated. So if you were hoping for a review on the Wii U and its other features and services, you might have to wait a while. In any case like we said, this should only affect early adopters and those looking for an early review of the unit, but other than that gamers can look forward to the console released on the 18th of November in the US.
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-21 Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-04-17 Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15 Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme