From time to time, we come across watches that tell time in their very own quirky manner, and the same can be said for the new Satellite watch from Mr. Jones which is being prepared for a rollout. Described as “the world’s first 24 hour watch (one rotation per day) without any hands or digits on the dial”, it sports an ingenious display for you to tell the time, thanks to the brilliance of designer Crispin Jones (aka The Accurate, ‘Remember You Will Die’ watch fame).
Telling the time on the Satellite watch is not too hard at all, and with a little bit of practice, you will be able to get used to it in a jiffy. All you need to do is take a glance at the Limited Edition Satellite watch, where the outer hour marker will orbit the inner minutes. Individual hours will be marked by a bright color, and these colors will follow a regular six hour pattern. I guess it will take some practice, but you ought to be able to tell time intuitively at a glance in, for the lack of a better word, no time at all. Bear in mind that only 100 of these puppies will be produced, so you might want to grab them quick.
- 2014-04-08: Bradley Timepiece Specially Designed For The Blind
- 2014-03-30: Victorinox Announces New Inox Watch
- 2014-03-10: HeadWatch Tells The Time, And Then Some
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2014-02-18: Classic Arcade Wristwatch Looks Cool