Back in August we reported on a device called the Ubi, and for those who might have missed our post or have forgotten, the Ubi is a device that will bring voice-activated computing to your home. It plugs into your wall socket and will connect to your home’s WiFi network, letting you dictate commands to the device hands-free, which means that you will be able to ask the Ubi to perform certain commands while you’re reading a book, cooking, watching the television or basically anytime you might have your hands full. At the moment its creators have listed features such as internet search, email, speakerphone, intercom, home automation and monitoring.
The good news is if this sounds like a device you wouldn’t mind getting for your home, you will be pleased to learn that the Ubi is currently available for pre-order via its website where it will set you back $219. It will also come with temperature, humidity, air pressure and ambient light sensors to help provide feedback, a microphone and a set of built-in stereo speakers. If you’d like to learn more about the Ubi or watch some videos, head on over to its website for the details where an extensive FAQ has also been provided.
- 2014-04-09: ALYT Smart Home Manager Debuts
- 2014-03-31: JoyCarpet Introduces Your Baby To Tech Early On In Life
- 2014-03-26: Lawsuit Claims Nest Thermostat Does Not Save Money
- 2014-03-23: LG Smart Bulb Launched, Works With Both iOS And Android
- 2014-03-13: PetWALK Automatic Pet Door Prevents Wet Paw Marks Around The Home