iPhone 5 clones are popping everywhere in China. According to sources, one of the most, if not the best, iPhone 5 clones to ever hit the Chinese consumer electronics market is the Zophone i5. The Zophone i5′s limitations are obvious. That’s because it’s running Android OS instead of iOS 6. Nevertheless, its creators still managed to copy its 4-inch form factor and, surprisingly, its 1136 × 640 resolution as well. Zophone also did a good job of developing its own Siri clone and a fabricated lightning adapter.
Other reported features of the Zophone i5 include a 1.2GHz Mediatek MT6577 dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, 4GB of onboard storage, a rear-facing 8-megepixel camera, a microSD card slot, a 1,400mAh battery, and a nice pair of earbuds. No EarPods, sorry. Pricing is estimated to be around $200. The Zophone i5 is not the first iPhone 5 clone in China. It was even heard that iPhone 5 clones were already being sold in the country long before Apple officially announced it.
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-08-13: iPhone 5 Reportedly Explodes And Injures Woman's Eye In China
- 2012-12-14: iPhone 5 Debut In China Is Slow
- 2012-11-30: Apple Announces iPhone 5, iPad mini, & iPad 4 Availability In China
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?
- 2011-09-19: J.P. Morgan analyst says iPhone 5 will be accompanied by an "iPhone 4-plus"