A few days ago we shared what seemed like good news that the Skyrim Dragonborn DLC would be arriving for the PlayStation 3 and PC come early 2013. While that’s great news for PS3 gamers who have had the short end of the stick when it comes to Skyrim DLCs, the question we’re sure many are wondering is when the previous two Skyrim DLCs will arrive on the PS3, if at all. After all given that it would seem like little progress has been made with Dawnguard and Hearthfire, we can’t blame PS3 gamers for thinking that the previous two DLCs are lost to them. The good news is that if you still have a hankering for Dawnguard and Hearthfire come 2013, Bethesda has announced that they will continue working on the previous two DLCs once Dragonborn has been released.
“On PS3 in particular, we turned our attention to Dragonborn, as we thought it was the best content to release first, and we didn’t want folks to wait longer. Once it’s ready to go for everyone, we’ll continue our previous work on Hearthfire and Dawnguard for PS3. Each one takes a lot of time and attention to work well in all circumstances and all combinations of DLC. Once we have a better idea of release timing and pricing, we’ll let you know.”
While this is “good news” in the sense that either DLC hasn’t been abandoned, the lack of a timeframe is a bit worrying. Either way hopefully Bethesda will have some better news and more specific details to share in the near future, so check back with us at a later date for more updates.
- 2014-04-11: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn Allows PS3 Users To Upgrade For Free To PS4
- 2014-04-09: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Announced For PS3
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers
- 2014-03-26: Minecraft TU14 Update Arrives On Xbox 360 Today, PS3 Tomorrow
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2013-02-27: Skyrim DLC Dawnguard Arrives On PS3 In Europe At 50% Discount
- 2012-12-31: Skyrim Dragonborn DLC For PS3 Coming Early 2013
- 2012-09-26: Skyrim Dawnguard PS3 DLC might never arrive
- 2012-09-10: Sony and Bethesda scramble to get PS3 Dawnguard DLC working
- 2012-08-03: Skyrim Dawnguard DLC arrives on PC but not PS3 as Bethesda is not satisfied with its performance