The Steve Jobs-Bill Gates rivalry is deeper than you think it is. According to Melinda Gates, the wife of the Microsoft founder, her children are banned from owning Apple-made products. During an interview with BBC Radio 4′s Today programme, Melinda Gates was asked if her three children – Jennifer, Phoebe, and Rory – ever tried asking her and Bill to get them an iPod. Melinda’s response is interesting.
“Of course they ask. But they get Windows technology” she said. “The wealth from our family came from Microsoft so why would we invest in a competitor?” It’s worth noting that Melinda Gates once admitted that she was tempted to buy an iPhone. Vogue magazine sat down with her for an interview in 2009, and the businesswoman/ philanthropist admitted saying, “Every now and then I look at my friends and say ‘Ooh, I wouldn’t mind having that iPhone’.” Bill Gates’s children may be banned from using Apple products, but the Gates’s oldest child, Jennifer, was reportedly spotted using an iPhone in Sydney.
Image Source: The Guardian
- 2014-03-16: Bill Gates Doesn't Consider Snowden A Hero
- 2014-03-05: Bill Gates Was Reportedly Against Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- 2014-02-03: Bill Gates To Remain Involved In Product Development At Microsoft
- 2014-02-02: New Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, Gates To Be Replaced As Chairman [Report]
- 2014-01-27: Bill Gates Loses Chess Match To Magnus Carlsen In A Minute
- 2014-01-08: New Microsoft CEO Might Not Be Announced Until February
- 2013-11-19: Bill Gates Talks About The Search For New Microsoft CEO