The Ouya video game console that was first announced in July earlier this year, with developer versions of it being prepared to ship out at the end of this month, is an Android powered device, but I guess Ouya is not going to be lonely for too long. After all, there does seem to be another Android-powered video game console that will be presented to the masses officially, coming in the form of the eSfere which is said to debut on a magical date that comes just once in every century – 12/12/12.
Very little else is known about the eSfere, although it has been touted to be an “innovative game console” (aren’t they all?) which will be accompanied by an unique touchpad game controller, and intends to carve a niche out for itself in the gaming business. This does seem to be a pretty tough proposition, considering the kind of competition that the video game console has at this point in time, dominated by old school Nintendo, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Sony’s PS3.
Still, this Seattle based start-up called eSfere Entertainment has a vision to let folks boot up their favorite Android games at high quality right from the get go, in front of your TV. What do you think it will be like when released? [Press Release]
- 2014-04-18: Oculus Rift Allowed Dying Grandma To Experience The Outdoors
- 2014-04-18: Azeroth Choppers Episode 1 Is Now Live
- 2014-04-17: Democreativity Asks For Ideas On Spreading Peace, Love And Democracy
- 2014-04-17: Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented