As I said yesterday, the end of the year & world is slowly approaching, which means we’re going to be flooded with material that looks back at all of the things that we all have experienced throughout the year. Twitter announced their “Year On Twitter“ page that looks back at what made a splash in the Twitter world, and now, it’s Facebook’s turn to reflect on the big moments on its social platform.
The Facebookstories.com/2012page was created to reflect on the most popular things to occur on Facebook. They range from memes, movies, public figures, sports and even the most listened to songs. In the world of memes, for example, YOLO (you only live once) was beaten out by TBH (to be honest) as the most used meme of 2012.
Not only can you view what was the most popular on Facebook, but Facebook is also allowing its users to reflect on their own year by having users simply visit Facebook.com/yearinreview. The personalized reflection takes users through their own year to highlight many of their activities throughout 2012, how many friends they added and pages they’ve liked on the platform.
- 2014-04-20: Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20: Facebook Rumored To Launch Their Own Mobile Ad Network
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can