We’re sure that some of you guys might be amazed by the HTC DROID DNA, but unfortunately due to its Verizon exclusivity, some users might not be able to get their hands on it for whatever reasons. Well the good news is that if you really want the DROID DNA but don’t want to sign with Verizon and don’t mind forking out the full retail price, the Taiwanese company has announced the HTC Butterfly, which is basically the DROID DNA’s international cousin, and the GSM variant of the HTC J Butterfly which first made its appearance in Japan before moving to the US and rebranded as the DROID DNA.
The HTC Butterfly will feature the same specs, with the only difference being that this version is meant for other markets around the world. As a quick recap, the device will sport a 5” 1920×1080 Full HD display, a 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor under the hood with 2GB of RAM accompanying it. It will also come with 16GB of internal storage that can be expanded via microSD, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 2.1MP front-facing camera and will come with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on board. We’re not sure how much the HTC Butterfly will cost or when it will be available, but we expect that those details will differ from country to country.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-03-31 HTC Butterfly Android 4.4 Update 'Coming Soon'
- 2014-02-04 HTC Droid DNA Android 4.4.2 With Sense 5.5 ROM Available
- 2013-12-08 Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-09-16 Droid DNA Getting Android 4.2 With Sense 5 Soon On Verizon
- 2013-08-19 HTC One, Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.3 By End Of September
- 2013-05-15 Verizon Droid DNA Available For Free Till 21st May
- 2013-05-09 HTC Butterfly 2 Rumored To Release In Q3, 2013
- 2013-03-26 HTC Is Already Planning Successor To The Butterfly/Droid DNA