The end of 2012 may not have been Instagram’s most successful time with a week of its terms of services drama nearly ruining the company altogether. But users of Instagram had quite the adventurous year as the company reported this year’s most popular locations, with the top spot going to an unexpected location.
According to Instagram, its most popular location on its service is Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport with over 100,000 photos taken within the last year. The second most popular location seems to be another location in Bangkok called the Siam Paragon, which is one of the biggest shopping malls in Asia and approximately 30 minutes away from the airport. The third place spot is where we finally get into the U.S. as Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California is the third most popular location on Instagram.
The rest of the list is U.S. dominated, although France’s Eiffel Tower sneaks in between Los Angeles’ Dodger Stadium and Staples Center. We’re not entirely sure what that means, but we’re sure there’s some kind of conspiracy going on somewhere in there.
Here’s the full list of Instagram’s most popular locations of 2012:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) ท่าอากาศยานสุวรรณภูมิ in Bangkok, Thailand
- Siam Paragon (สยามพารากอน) shopping mall in Bangkok, Thailand
- Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California
- Times Square in New York City
- AT&T Park in San Francisco
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles
- Eiffel Tower in Paris
- Staples Center in Los Angeles
- Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles
Filed in instagram.. Read more about