The Samsung Galaxy S3 is no doubt one heck of a popular device, although we’re sure that fans of the handset wish that it would come with a larger battery, preferably something along with lines of the Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD with a 3,300mAh battery. While you probably won’t get the 3,300mAh battery, you could get the next best thing as Samsung has unveiled the extended battery for the Galaxy S3, giving owners of the device an extra 900mAh boost. For those unfamiliar, the default battery in the Galaxy S3 offers 2,100mAh, and the extended battery will boost that to 3,000mAh.
Of course there is a trade off as not only will Galaxy S3 owners have to fork out $65 to get their hands on this larger battery, but they will have to sacrifice the form factor of the phone at the same time. Since it is larger, the physical size of the battery is larger as well and will create a slight hump on the back of your phone. The replacement back cover will also provide the NFC points for those who rely on NFC, so you don’t have to worry about the loss of functionality. If you’re interested in getting the extended battery, you can head on over to MobileFun’s website for the details.
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-13 Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17 Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21 Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March