We know that Samsung has picked up the Tizen project and could possibly be launching a Tizen-based device in the near future, and according to the folks at SamMobile, they are claiming to have gotten their hands on the first model numbers of an upcoming high-end Samsung device. These model numbers are the GT-I9500 and the GT-I9505, with the latter suspected of being the LTE version of the GT-I9500. Supposedly Samsung used the GT-I9500 for its Tizen-based handset, which if true could suggest that the South Korean company could be close to launching its flagship Tizen device. On the flipside SamMobile is also speculating that maybe Samsung has decided to change the model number of its upcoming Galaxy S device. We can’t confirm either of this at the moment, but they claim that Samsung is currently conducting software tests of both models. Considering that CES 2013 and MWC 2013 are around the corner, there is a chance that Samsung could be taking this opportunity to unveil said devices. Either that or they will be creating an event of their own in which they will be launching their new mobile products. We’ll be keeping our eyes peeled, but what do you guys think? Are you more interested in a new Galaxy S device or would a Tizen-based handset be of greater interest?
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch