Scientists from the University of Washington are exploring the possibility that our world, and the vast universe, is merely a simulation made by some supercomputers of the future. Interestingly, the scientists believe that tests can be done to prove if we are real or not. Although the computers that we have nowadays are still a long shot from the ideal supercomputers that we see in the movie Matrix, or the kind that can simulate the universe, scientists were at least able to model a 100 trillionth of a meter of the universe.
They believe that by observing patterns, they will be able to discover if we are living in a computer-simulated universe. “It will take many years to reach the computational power to give a real glimpse of whether we are living in a simulation, but even by looking at the tiny portion of the universe that we can currently accurately model, it may be possible to detect ‘signatures’ of constraints on physical processes that could point to a simulation,” the scientists said.
Next Story: New Yahoo! Mail Announced
- 2014-01-21: Healthcare.gov Hacker Accessed 70,000 Records In Under Four Minutes
- 2013-11-14: Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- 2013-01-10: HoverCam Document Scanner Updated At CES
- 2013-01-10: Skype Updates Windows Client To Integrate With Microsoft Outlook
- 2013-01-03: Asus Teams Up With Leap Motion