If there was a reason I would get a Nintendo Wii U it would be for games like Zelda and Smash Bros., although in this case I might be in for a wait. Now if you were planning on getting Smash Bros. for the Wii U, Masahiro Sakurai revealed that you will have to wait for it, and inferred that the game would most definitely be worth waiting for. According to the creator of the game, he revealed in a tweet that he would have gamers wait a little bit longer, and that instead of him spending time tweeting updates on the status of the game and such, he would focus his efforts towards creating a better game instead. He also went on to express his distaste for when his Twitter posts are taken out of context, leading to unfounded rumors and speculation about the game. Bottom line? Don’t expect to be playing Smash Bros. on your Wii U anytime soon, and you should probably not expect any updates either until the game is close to completion or is completed. A bit harsh but if it results in a spectacular game, why not, right?
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke