If you are the owner of the Sony Xperia S, then chances are you are waiting with bated breath to know whether this smartphone of yours would be on the receiving end of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system update or not. A tweet which was sent out from Sony did seem to point towards a decision to be made sometime in the middle of December, and we are well aware that the Sony Xperia T, Sony Xperia TX and the Sony Xperia V will be on the receiving end of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update which will happen sometime in the first three months of next year.
Not only that, Sony Mobile did announce that the slew of Sony Xperia models that rolled out in 2011 will miss the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean bus. I guess the Sony Xperia S, having rolled out in the first quarter of 2012, would clearly have made the cut to be a 2012 Xperia device, never mind that it was introduced with Android 2.3 Gingerbread in tow before receiving an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich in June.
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-11-19: Android 4.3 Update For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rolls Out
- 2013-10-15: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Receives Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update
- 2013-10-14: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD Upgrade From Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Reconsidered
- 2013-10-13: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD Looks To Remain Stuck In Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean For Good