Qualcomm has just announced that they have a couple of new Snapdragon S4 chipsets that have been specially optimized for the market in China – which is definitely a lucrative one, especially when you consider just how many people live in that part of the world. These two new Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chipsets will come with a quad-core CPU, an Adreno 305 GPU as well as a transceiver which is capable of supporting Chinese wireless networks.
Since it is far easier to know more about a processor by calling it by its name, the new Snapdragon S4 chipsets will be known as the MSM8226 and MSM8626, and they both rely on the 28nm process to roll off production lines. Capable of supporting cameras up to 13-megapixel resolution and 1080p video recording, you know for sure that these have a chance to usher in a new age of mobile communications. The question is, will other smartphone manufacturers bite?
Next Story: Lenovo Yoga Review
- 2014-04-14: In-House iPhone Baseband Chip Development 'Herculean' Task [Analyst]
- 2014-04-07: Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 And 808 Announced
- 2014-03-24: OnePlus One Will Tout Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-03-10: Pantech Vega Iron 2 Could Be First To Rock Snapdragon 805 Processor
- 2014-02-25: Samsung and Qualcomm Build World’s Fastest Galaxy Note 3
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-06-19: LG G-Series Smartphones To Get Snapdragon 800
- 2013-04-28: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Mass Production Begins Next Month
- 2013-02-20: Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 200 And 400 Chipset