The HTC Thunderbolt was certainly quite a player when it first hit the market, being one of the first LTE devices from HTC to arrive on a mobile carrier in the US. Well, you can say that this old boy does deserve to have its operating system upgraded, and we are glad to say that HTC USA claims that the HTC Thunderbolt will be on the receiving end of the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update “soon”, although it is easy to say that “soon” is a relative word, and it cannot come fast enough. How about being in time for Christmas to put some smiles on the faces of everyone, or perhaps in January 2013 at the latest?
One thing is for sure though, the HTC Thunderbolt will not be on the receiving end of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update, but while there is no official update for it, you can be sure that there will be some out there who would be willing to flex their programming muscles and come up with an unofficial ROM.
Next Story: Dragon Quest X Japanese Wii U Beta Mentioned
- 2013-04-29: Android Design Head Praises Facebook Home's Attention To Design
- 2013-04-28: Google Glass CPU And RAM Specifications Revealed
- 2013-02-07: HTC Thunderbolt Ice Cream Sandwich Performance Issues
- 2013-02-05: HTC Thunderbolt Gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2013-01-31: Verizon HTC Thunderbolt Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update