If you happen to own the Samsung Galaxy S3 from AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile, surely you would have been rocking to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for quite some time already. Unfortunately, that has not been the case for Verizon Wireless subscribers with Samsung’s flagship smartphone, but this relatively sad situation is set to change down the road. It seems that Verizon has already approved an Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S3, and this bit has even seen details concerning the upgrade appear in a PDF file on its support website.
It is whispered that the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update will arrive from December 14th onward, where it will weigh in at a rather hefty 64MB in size. Guess you would do well to download that with your phone plugged in to a power outlet, and connected to a Wi-Fi network, as you can never tell just when Murphy might strike and everything else turns sour shortly afterwards. Hey, how about some Android 4.2 Jelly Bean love afterwards, Verizon?
Next Story: E-reader Sales Drop Due To Tablets
- 2014-04-22 PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-20 Verizon Galaxy S4 KitKat Release Expected May 2nd
- 2014-04-20 Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-18 Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2013-12-18 Verizon Galaxy S3 Gets Android 4.3 Update
- 2013-06-12 Verizon Pulls Samsung Galaxy S3 Update Due To Connectivity Issues
- 2013-05-29 Verizon Galaxy S3 Update Brings Multi-Window And More
- 2012-11-02 Verizon Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update leaked
- 2012-08-16 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean test firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S3 now available for download