YouTube is getting better. Google is announcing today that it has updated its popular video streaming service. One of the highlights of the update is the improvement of the Guide feature, which now works across devices – be it on your iOS device, Android phone, or Google TV.
“Just subscribe to your favorite channels and the Guide lets you know when there are new videos waiting for you to enjoy, suggests the latest and greatest channels you might like, and shows you what your friends are sharing across the web. You’ll also find the Guide and your subscriptions on apps across hundreds of millions of devices including Android, iPhone, Playstation 3, Google TV and more,” Google said.
YouTube now also features a new layout which is cleaner and simpler. Google had this to say about the new layout: “In this new layout, you’ll find the most crucial elements are front and center when you watch a video: the video is right at the top of the page and the subscribe button, social actions and video information are all combined directly below the player. Playlists are now available to the right of the video so you can browse through while you watch.”
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-08: YouTube Live Streaming Now Supported By Chromecast
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-06: YouTube On-Demand Music Streaming Service Delayed [Report]
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition
- 2014-03-03: Pakistan Could End YouTube Ban
- 2014-02-14: YouTube Promotes Top Tracks In Music Search
- 2014-02-10: New YouTube Web UI Tested
- 2014-02-06: Google Search Update Puts YouTube Videos Front And Center